The amount SKC is reported to have spent is more than double the amount previously spent on transfer fees in its entire 24 years. Read the whole story
1. Sporting KC, - 23.0
2. FC Cincinnati, -21.0
3. Houston, -13.7
4. San Jose, -12.2
5. Montreal, -3.2
*Goal difference minus expected goal difference.
Source: American Soccer Analysis
The 21-year-old American contributed to the buildup of Tammy Abraham's back-heel goal in a 2-1 Chelsea win over Lille. Read the whole story
"Demolition will occur when the next stages of the project are ready to go."
-- Chris Song, spokesperson for Nashville mayor John Cooper, on the MLS stadium project at Fairgrounds Nashville that remains stalled two years after Nashville was awarded an MLS franchise. Cooper, who voted against the MLS Farirgrounds project as an at-large council member in 2017 and said the stadium should have been in the Music City's downtown area, has held off green lighting the demolition of the old expo centers. Funding to pay for infrastructure work at the Fairgrounds and legal issues over the wording of the lease need to be resolved. Nashville SC will begin MLS play at the Titans' Nissan Stadium in 2020. (The Tennessean)
The Sounders know what they're getting into, having made five previous CCL appearances, more than the other MLS entrants combined. Read the whole story
1. NYCFC, 9 points
1. Toronto FC, 9 points
3. De Anza Force, 7 points
3. FC Dallas, 7 points
5. Empire United, Montreal Impact, Philadelphia Union, Portland Timbers, San Jose Earthquakes, Seattle Sounders, Solar SC, 6 points.
1. Chicago Fire, 9 points
1. Philadelphia Union, 9 points
1. San Jose Earthquakes, 9 points
1. Sockers FC, 9 points
5. LA Galaxy, Montreal Impact, Seattle Sounders, 7 points
Real Salt Lake signed Italian-American Giuseppe Rossi for the 2020 season. Read the whole story
1. Penn State senior Kaleigh Riehl became the 12th collegiate called in for U.S. women's national team ID camp when she was a late addition to the team.
Riehl, who played her senior season for the Nittany Lions this fall, was a member of two U.S. Under-20 Women's World Cups teams, starting all six games at the 2016 tournament in Papua New Guinea.
All 12 collegians on Vlatko Andonovski's 24-player roster are uncapped.
2. FC Dallas signed 18-year-old Jesus Ferreira to a new, four-year contract, using TAM to boost his salary after he led the team with eight goals and recorded six assists in 33 MLS appearances in 2019. He signed a Homegrown deal at the age of 15 in 2016. Ferreira received U.S. U-23 and U-20 call-ups in 2019 but has yet to play a game because his U.S. citizenship in pending. He was born in Colombia and moved to the United States when his father, David, joined FC Dallas.
3. Portland Timbers forward Jeremy Ebobisse underwent a minor procedure to repair a meniscus tear in his left knee that will sideline him until the start of preseason. He sustained the injury while on duty with the U.S. U-23 national team at its camp in the Canary Islands after the MLS season ended. In his third MLS season, Ebobisse tied for first on the Timbers with 11 goals and was the only player on the roster to appear in all 34 league games.