Two friendlies and a few training sessions aren't a lot of time to get answers, but they'll have to do in 2020. Read the whole story
Diego Palacios and Jose Cifuentes were called up by Ecuador, while Diego Rossi, the 2020 MLS leading scorer, was with Uruguay. Read the whole story
Howell, who helped the Seminoles win the ACC title, joins grade school friend Sophia Smith in U.S. squad for the friendly at the Netherlands. Read the whole story
"Taking the field and seeing them is thrilling, the best experience I've ever had. In spite of all the difficulties, it is the best thing I've ever done in my life. I can tell my children and my
grandchildren that I played against them."
-- Lohane Ferreira, captain of Taboao da Serra, on facing members of Brazil's national team in the Sao Paulo women's state league, where her team lost its last four games 29-0, 14-0, 10-0 and 16-0. Tabaoa didn't secure a training field until three days before the season started and its players have to pay for their own equipment and transportation. The club's troubles are cited as an example of the poor conditions for women's soccer in Brazil. (Reuters)
Golazos by Andrea Belotti and Domenico Berardi, wonderfully assisted by Lorenzo Insigne and Manuel Locatelli, gave Italy a 2-0 win over Bosnia & Herzegovina. Read the whole story
*League A (relegated): Bosnia & Herzegovina, Iceland, Sweden.
League B (promoted): Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Wales.
League B (relegated): Northern Ireland, Slovakia, Turkey, Bulgaria.
League C (promoted): Montenegro, Armenia, Slovenia, Albania.
League C (relegated): Cyprus or Estonia, Moldova or Kazakhstan.
League D (promoted): Faroe Islands, Gibraltar.
*Fourth team will be Switzerland or Ukraine, depending on UEFA's decision on match called off due to Ukraine's COVID-19 outbreak.
Note: League C relegation candidates meet in two-leg playoffs in March 2021.
Belgian Thibaut Courtois seemed unfamiliar with kicking a soccer ball when he received a back pass from Nacer Chadli against Denmark. Read the whole story
1. Southern States FC. Head coach Carl Reynolds played for Chatanooga FC.
2. Panathinaikos Chicago. The club was founded by Denny Chronopoulos in 2019.
3. Georgia Storm Soccer Academy. The Storm began as youth program in Carrollton.
4. Florida Roots. The Roots are first team in Panama City since PDL's Panama City Pirates.
5. Irving FC. Los Gallos, founded in 2018, have a team in the Rojo League.
6. Appalachian FC. Former App State coach Jason O’Keefe is part of ownership group.
A three-day event in Phoenix drew 170 teams, many from California, where health authorities have banned youth sports all fall. Read the whole story
1. Germany's low ebb under Loew put into sharp focus by Spain's six-shooters By Sid Low (Guardian)
2. Sounders Annual Business Meeting: Good riddance to 2020 By Miki Turner (Sounder at Heart)
3. Africa's top soccer official faces new ethics investigation By Tariq Panja (New York Times)