Any doubts about which was the better team this season were put to rest when Nashville SC beat Inter Miami, 3-0. Read the whole story
1. *Chicago Fire (1998). Won series over Colorado, 2 games to 0.
2. Inter Miami (1998). Lost series to D.C United, 2 games to 0.
3. Seattle (2009). Lost two-game series to Houston, 1-0 on aggregate.
4. Atlanta United (2017). Lost to Columbus 3-1 in shootout after 0-0 tie.
5. LAFC (2018). Lost to Real Salt Lake, 3-2.
6. Nashville SC (2020). Beat Inter Miami, 3-0.
7. Inter Miami (2020). Lost to Nashville SC, 3-0.
*Went on to win MLS Cup (and U.S. Open Cup).
After going scoreless in 2019-20, Wright moved as a free agent to the Danish Superliga, where he's its leading scorer. Read the whole story
Nov. 20 in Foxboro, Mass.
New England 2 Montreal 1. Goals: Gil (Bou) 38, Bou (Jones) 90+5; Quioto (Camacho) 61.
New England -- Turner; Jones, Kessler, Farrell, Buchanan (Caldwell 50); McNamara (Nguyen 63), Polster; Bunbury (Rennicks 86), Gil, Bou, Buksa.
Montreal -- Diop; Brault-Guillard, Binks, Fanni, Corrales (Kizza 46); Maciel (Okwonkwo 57), Camacho, Sejdic, Jackson-Hamel (Toye 57), Bojan, Quioto.
Nov. 20 in Nashville, Tenn.
Nashville SC 3 Inter Miami 0. Goals: Leal (Muyl) 14, Mukhtar pen. 24, McCarty, 57.
Nashville SC -- Willis; Lovitz, Romney, Zimmerman, Johnston; McCarty, Godoy (Anunga 74), Muyl (Washington 80), Mukhtar (Jones 67), Leal (Bwana 67); Cadiz (Rios 67).
Inter Miami -- McCarthy; Nealis (Pellegrini 33), Powell, DeLaGarza, Figal, Ambrose (Sweat, 76); Morgan, Matuidi, Trapp (Ulloa 63), Pizarro; Agudelo (Carranza 62).
Brenden Aaronson, Mark McKenzie and Jordan Morris were among four U.S. national team players named to the team, the most since 2015. Read the whole story
"I think when we arrive in Philadelphia, they’re going to give us the Supporters’ Shield because we earned it for them."
-- New England Revolution head coach Bruce Arena, in his postgame interview on FS1 after the Revs' 2-1 win over Montreal, on advancing to the Eastern Conference's round one Tuesday at Philadelphia Union, the 2020 MLS Supporters' Shield champion. It will be the sixth meeting of the season between the Union and Revs. The Union won four of the games, and the fifth ended in a tie.
Also elected: the Next Gen United five, Brad Guzan and Sean Boyle and Seth Jahn from the U.S. Para 7-a-side national team. Read the whole story
1. Longtime Orlando City fans savor Lions' playoff run By Julia Poe (Orlando Sentinel)
2. How LouCity FC beat COVID-19 -- for an entire season By Eric Crawford (WDRB.com)
3. Isolated for months, island crew sees pandemic for first time By Caleb Jones (AP)