No U.S. national team coach has ever watched more players break through on his watch at major European clubs than Berhalter. Read the whole story
Two issues are hanging over MLS's head as it prepares for its 26th season: the pandemic and its latest round of labor negotiations. Read the whole story
Feb. 22. *Preseason training begins.
Apr. 3-4. Opening Weekend.
Nov. 7. Decision Day.
Nov. 19. Playoffs begin.
Dec. 11. MLS Cup.
*Players and staff must complete quarantine protocols.
Schmetzer, who was out of contract, signed a multi-year extension after coaching the Seattle Sounders to four MLS Cups in five seasons. Read the whole story
Atlanta United. Argentine forward Lisandro Lopez, 37, via free transfer from Racing Club (Argentina).
NY Red Bulls. Venezuelan midfielder Wikelman Carmona, 17, via transfer from Dynamo FC Margarita Academy (Venezuela).
The former MLS league executive was brought in to turn around the Fire in 2015, but it made the playoffs only once since then. Read the whole story
1. Sam Chang (Univ. of South Carolina). Played two seasons for Gamecocks.
2. Rylee Foster (Liverpool). Signed out of West Virginia a year ago
3. Jordyn Listro (Orlando Pride). Played in Spain before joining Pride.
4. Jade Rose (Super REX Ontario). CSA's 2020 girls player of the year.
5. Bianca St. Georges (Chicago Red Stars). Standout in NWSL Challenge Cup.
6. Evelyne Viens (Paris FC). Scored eight goals in 12 games in D1 Arkema.
Note: Click here for complete Canada camp roster.
The long-range goal ranked among the Top 5 along with strikes from Erling Haaland, Filip Kostic, Andre Silva and Christoph Baumgartner. Read the whole story