Over a period of more than two years, starting in March 2012, Press chronicled her time in Sweden in 57 articles for Soccer America. Read the whole story
1. Eyeing 300 caps. Carli Lloyd will earn her 300th cap with her next appearance.
2. Elite club. Only Kristine Lilly (354) and Christie Pearce Rampone (311) have 300+ caps.
3. Getting down to 18. USWNT will only dress 18 players, the number it will take to Tokyo.
4. 16 and counting. USWNT has won its last 16 games, two shy of its longest win streak.
5. Sharing the load. Eleven different players have scored in USWNT's five 2021 wins.
Venue: Friends Arena in Stockholm. TV: FOX, 1 p.m. ET.
The past 12 months have indeed been rocky but Boyd finds himself on an upward swing at a time when he badly needed it. Read the whole story
1. Chris Richards, Bayern Munich (German Bundesliga), June 2020
2. Reggie Cannon, Boavista (Portuguese Primeira Liga), Sept. 2020
3. Brendan Servania, St. Poelten, on loan (Austrian Bundesliga), March 2021
4. Bryan Reynolds, Roma, on loan (Italian Serie A), March 2021
5. *David Rodriguez, Atletico San Luis, on loan (Liga MX), April 2021
*Rodriguez, 18, debuted on Friday as a halftime sub in a 2-1 loss at Juarez.
Note: Top-tier league debuts.
The Portland Thorns won their opening game against Kansas City, 2-1, that ended with three players and one coach red carded. Read the whole story
"We're going to do everything we can to support our teammates. I think it is really frustrating to not be there in general. I've been in Orlando for six-plus weeks now for preseason since the end of
the SheBelieves Cup so to be putting in the work day in, day out like the rest of my national team teammates and then to be pulled away -- not to be pulled away -- but to have the Challenge Cup
scheduled in a FIFA window is really disappointing."
-- U.S. national team star Alex Morgan, who plays for the Orlando Pride, on the NWSL's stars missing the start of the 2021 Challenge Cup because they are away on international duty during the April FIFA window. Players will likely be unavailable for the first two of the Challenge Cup's five group matchdays. The NWSL has 18 players with the USA and 10 with Canada in Europe for friendly games. (ESPN)
The Fort Lauderdale-based automotive retailer also gets branding on training uniforms. Inter Miami has not had a game jersey sponsor. Read the whole story
1. Carli Lloyd on 2020: Worst of times, best of times as soccer star reunites with family By Kevin Baxter (Los Angeles
2. Barcelona soccer's Martin Braithwaite helps launch a North Philly residence for aspiring tech creators of color By Jonathan Tannenwald (Philadelphia Inquirer)
3. Kati Kariko helped shield the world from the coronavirus By Gina Kolata (New York Times)