Messing is best known as the president and CEO of the 1999 Women's World Cup organizing committee. Read the whole story
Tuesday, October 19
Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig at Paris SG). Expected to start after sitting out Freiburg game.
Owen Otasowie (Club Brugge vs. Man. City). Playing for second team in Reserve League.
Gio Reyna (Bor. Dortmund at Ajax). Sidelined since El Salvador game on Sept. 2..
Zach Steffen (Man. City at Club Brugge). Will be backup with Ederson's return from WCQ.
Wednesday, October 20
*Brenden Aaronson (Salzburg vs. Wolfsburg). Rested on Saturday for first time.
*John Brooks (Wolfsburg at Salzburg). Back in squad after being red-carded at Lille.
Sergino Dest (Barcelona vs. Dinamo Kyiv). Scored first Barca goal in Kiev in Nov. 2020.
Romain Gall (Malmo at Chelsea). Hasn't dressed since loan at Orebro ended this summer.
Weston McKennie (Juventus at Zenit). Sat out Roma game on Sunday as precaution.
*Jordan Pefok (Young Boys vs. Villarreal). Has scored 9 goals in 17 matches this season.
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea vs. Malmo). Hasn't played for Blues in more than two months.
*Timothy Weah (Lille vs. Sevilla). Very quiet in start up front on Saturday at Clermont.
*Made debut this season in UEFA Champions League.
Houston's 30-year-old Argentine strikes while in stride for the leading MLS Goal of the Week candidate. Read the whole story
Charlotte, Miami FC and Memphis 901 also moved into the postseason with two weeks left in the regular season. Read the whole story
1. Hadji Barry (Colorado Springs, 2021), 25 goals
1. Cameron Lancaster (Louisville City, 2018), 25 goals
3. Solomon Asante (Phoenix, 2019), 22 goals
3. Matt Fondy (Louisville City, 2015), 22 goals
5. Danni Konig (OKC Energy FC, 2015), 21 goals
The UPSL club has beaten the New York Greek-Americans and New York Pancyprian Freedoms, who won seven titles between them. Read the whole story
1. FIFA fears recent abuse cases in women's football are just 'tip of the iceberg' By Ben Morse and Amanda Davies (CNN)
2. Beloved Texas high school soccer coach dies following battle with Covid-19 in ICU By Alex Rozier (WFAA)
3. How football can avoid another Derby County By Elias Burke and Matt Slater (The Athletic)