1. D.C United vs. San Jose (ABC, 2004) 1,969,000 viewers (Freddy Adu debut)
2. Colorado vs. Portland (Fox, 2021) 1,850,000 viewers (NFL Thanksgiving Day lead-in)
3. Atlanta United vs. NY Red Bulls (Fox, 2019), 1,609,000 viewers (WWC final lead-in)
4. Atlanta United vs. Portland (Fox, 2018) 1,563,000 viewers (WC final lead-in)
5. Atlanta United vs. Seattle (Fox, 2018) 1,558,000 viewers (MLS Cup in prime time)
For the third time in four years, a team broke the points record but didn't reach MLS Cup. Read the whole story
"I thought that was a little disrespectful, just knowing my quality and the guys that were named above me. I would say at least top five. But like I said, that stuff makes me work harder and makes
me better. That's just the way I go about things and yeah, I did say that about Pepi. Me and Pepi have a good relationship so it wasn't too serious. It was more of a little humor between
-- Real Salt Lake goalkeeper David Ochoa on comments on his Instagram Live account after RSL won its second MLS playoff game that Ricardo Pepi's 2021 MLS Young Player of the Year award should be taken away and given to him. Ochoa also believes he should have finished higher in MLSSoccer.com's 22 Under 22 placements than his No. 18 ranking. (MLSSoccer.com)
The two-game trip marked the start of a new era for the U.S. women. Five players debuted in a 3-0 win and 1-1 tie. Read the whole story
The USA settled for a tie in Australia despite an early goal and an edge in well-orchestrated attacks amid the lively end-to-end action. Read the whole story
The Current acquired Mewis in a trade with the North Carolina Courage for defender Kiki Pickett and a first-round draft pick. Read the whole story
Gio Reyna was back at training with Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday, after a layoff of almost three months.
• Background: The 19-year-old American injured his right hamstring in the USA's 0-0 tie with El Salvador, the opening game of World Cup 2022 qualifying. In early November, Dortmund coach Marco Rose said the injury was more serious than anyone expected and he couldn't predict when Reyna would be back in team training. Reyna, who finished tied for ninth in the voting for 2021 Kopa Trophy, has missed 16 Dortmund games
• What's next: Dortmund hosts Bayern Munich in a top-of-the-table Bundesliga clash on Saturday.
The Toronto FC defender and Black Players for Change executive director is retiring after a 12-year MLS career. Read the whole story
The Vancouver Whitecaps removed the interim tag on Italian Vanni Sartini, who was hired as their head coach through the 2023 MLS season. Sartini replaced Marc Dos Santos in late
August and led the Whitecaps to their first playoff berth since 2017 with a 7-2-5 record.
• Orlando City and the Orlando Pride have hired Jarrod Dillon as the president of business operation of the MLS and NWSL clubs now owned by the Wilf family. Dillon has a background in MLB and the NFL and most recently worked for Vinik Sports Group, which owns the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning.
• Keidane McAlpine, who guided USC to a 2016 women's national championship and eight straight NCAA Tournament appearances, has been named Georgia's new women's head coach. The Bulldogs failed to make the NCAA Tournament in seven years under departed Billy Lesesne.
Former U.S. international Timothy Chandler was recently involved in a much-discussed penalty area incident during his club's Bundesliga game. Read the whole story