1. John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER), 2,615 (29 starts)
2. *Gianluca Busio (Venezia/ITA), 1,951 (23 starts)
3. *Joe Scally (Bor. M'Gladbach/GER), 1,909 (20 starts)
4. *Erik Palmer-Brown (Troyes/FRA), 1,734 (19 starts)
5. Tim Weah (Lille/FRA), 1,616 (17 starts)
*First season playing in a big 5 European league.
Mihailovic is a big reason for CF Montreal's MLS success. His trade from hometown Chicago ended up being the best thing for him. Read the whole story
Music City, USA has added another sparkling jewel to its crown of performance halls and community venues with Geodis Park. Read the whole story
Major League Soccer:
• New England Revolution signs 17-year-old. Midfielder Esmir Bajraktarevic, who signed with Revolution II in November 2021, on Monday signed a homegrown contract with the MLS club through 2025. The U.S. U-20 moved from Wisconsin to enter the Revolution Academy’s residency program in August 2021. Bajraktarevic has made 17 appearances (11 starts) with Revolution II, which now competes in MLS Next Pro. (SA Confidential)
• More injury woes for Atlanta United. Defender Andrew Gutman will miss 8-12 weeks with a quadriceps tendon injury suffered during Atlanta's 2-2 tie with Nashville on Saturday. Goalkeeper Brad Guzan (Achilles' tendon), defender Miles Robinson (Achilles' tendon) and defensive midfielder Ozzie Alonso (ACL) have suffered season-ending injuries while striker Josef Martinez (knee) and midfielder Santiago Sosa (hernia) have missed games with injuries.
• U.S. U-16 girls sweep in Sweden. At the UEFA Development Tournament, the USA beat host Sweden (4-1), France (3-1) and Norway (4-0). With two goals apiece, Ava McDonald (FC Dallas) and Kennedy Roesch (San Diego Surf) led the team, coached by U.S. U-17 head coach Natalia Astrain, in scoring.
Univision networks will carry the new W Championship and Concacaf Men's U-20 Championship this summer. Read the whole story
Illinois State has named former Redbirds assistant coach Marisa Kresge as its new women's head coach Read the whole story
Hamburg SV will spend a fifth straight season in the second division after losing to Hertha Berlin. Read the whole story
1. Mexico’s national soccer federation enters into new promotional deal with SUM By Kevin Baxter (Los Angeles Times)
2. Revisiting the “infamous” NYT U.S. men’s soccer team photos 20 years later By David Mack (Buzzfeed News)
3. Meet Union Omaha, The last remaining third-division side in the U.S. Open Cup By Connor Fleming (The18.com)
The French star denied his agreement with the club's Qatari owners gives him some say in which players to sign for next season. Read the whole story