2021 — canceled (Covid)
2019 — 0-2-1 (1 GF, 8 GA) Coach Raphael Wicky (20th place)
2017 — 3-2-0 (11, 7) John Hackworth (7th place)
2015 — 0-2-1 (3, 8) Richie Williams (21st place)
2013 — did not qualify, Richie Williams.
NOTE: The USA took part in every U-17 World Cup since its launch in 1985 through 2011, and had its best finish (4th place) in 1999.
• Coach Gonzalo Segares leads the USA's quest to qualify for the 2023 U-17 World Cup at the Concacaf Championship (Feb. 11-26) in Guatemala.
Several young U.S. prospects, uncapped at the senior level, will be on display with their clubs in the Netherlands and Mexico. Read the whole story
Three San Jose Earthquakes academy players are on the squad that aims to qualify for the 2023 U-17 World Cup in Peru. Read the whole story
After an expansive scouting process, Segares takes a "well-balanced" squad of 20 to the Concacaf U-17 Championship. Read the whole story
• The New York Red Bulls signed 24-year-old Belgian forward Dante Vanzeir as a Designated Player from Spain's Mallorca in what could reportedly become RBNY's club-record signing. Vanzeir has 70 goals and 26 assists in 157 career appearances. He previously played for Belgian clubs Union SG, Beerschot, Genk and KV Mechelen. Vanzeir has made one appearance for Belgium, in 2021 against Wales in World Cup qualifying. ... NYCFC signed Argentine 26-year-old left back Braian Cufre on loan from Spanish top-flight side Mallorca.
The New Jerseyan succeeds Englishman Howard Webb as the General Manager of the Professional Referee Organization. Read the whole story
U.S. defender Tim Ream stopped Wesley Fofana's shot on the goal line to earn Fulham a scoreless tie. Read the whole story
Second-place Inter Milan leads a pack of five teams in the race for three remaining Champions League slots. Read the whole story
Winner of the last 10 Bundesliga titles, Bayern Munich is only one point ahead of second-place Union Berlin. Read the whole story
Barcelona starts second half of the season with 50 points and hasn't conceded a goal from open play at Camp Nou. Read the whole story
1. Barcelona move for LA Galaxy's Julian Araujo not permitted by FIFA By Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens (ESPN)
2. Why FIFA match officials are using microphones at Club World Cup in 2023 By Kyle Bonn (Sporting News)
3. Liga MX, Mexico federation propose big domestic changes before 2026 World Cup By Cesar Hernandez (ESPN)