2018. 3: NY Red Bulls, Seattle, Toronto FC (*Colorado, FC Dallas).
2019. 4: Atlanta United, Sporting KC, Houston, NY Red Bulls (Toronto FC).
2020. 4: Atlanta United, LAFC, Montreal, NYCFC (Seattle).
2021. 5: Atlanta United, Columbus, Philadelphia, Portland, Toronto FC.
2022. 4: CF Montreal, NYCFC, New England, Seattle (Colorado).
2023. 3: LAFC, Philadelphia, Vancouver (Austin FC, Orlando City).
*Lost to Toronto FC in round of 16.
Note: In parentheses are teams that were eliminated in round of 16.
The USA, with 13 players from its 2022 World Cup squad, plays at Grenada March 24 and hosts El Salvador March 27. Read the whole story
- Tyler Adams, the USMNT captain at the 2022 World Cup, sustained a hamstring injury in training with Leeds United and wasn't included in the 24-player squad for the Concacaf Nations League group matches against Grenada and El Salvdor. He has started 24 of 26 Premier League games for Leeds, which is in the relegation zone ... Daryl Dike celebrated his recall to the national team with a goal in West Bromwich Albion's 1-1 tie with Cardiff City. Dike, who has scored seven goals in 17 Championship games, exited in the 57th minute for what West Brom manager Carlos Corberan cited as "fatigue." Corberan said Dike was struggling "to keep the ball or to compete or even to press."
Mexico's Tigres advanced to the quarterfinals after a 1-1 draw at Orlando City that ensured passage on the away goals rule. Read the whole story
Casemiro's tackles are often pretty scary - tackles for which I, in my role as arm-chair referee, usually punish him with a yellow card. Read the whole story
CBS Sports announced plans for its 2023 coverage of the NWSL:
• CBS: 6 games, including Challenge Cup final and NWSL championship game.
• CBS Sports Network: 23 games during regular season, playoffs and Challenge Cup.
• Paramount+: All CBS broadcasts plus all games not on CBS Sports Network.
Note: Select Paramount+ broadcasts will air on CBS Sports Golazo Network.
A first-touch kick of the puck by Maple Leafs' Alex Kerfoot set up Auston Matthews' goal vs. the Sabres. Read the whole story
The 52-year-old Swiss again ran unopposed for the presidency of the world soccer's governing body, Read the whole story
Bowing out of the Europa League could aid the Gunners' hopes of holding onto the lead in the Premier League title race. Read the whole story
1. FIFA delegation visits AT&T Stadium to offer insight on World Cup-prompted renovations By Abraham Nudelstejer
2. The 48-team World Cup shouldn't be on football fans' ever-growing list of things to worry about By Gabriele Marcotti (ESPN)
3. With Feyenoord as partners, Orange County SC typifies USL’s new path for young U.S. players By Elias Burke (The Athletic)