• MLS (Division 1) 16-2 (13-4)
• USL Championship (Division 2) 8-12 (5-10)
• USL League One (Division 3) 0-5 (4-4)
• NISA (Division 3) 0-3 (1-3)
• NPSL (amateur) 0-1 (0-1)
• MPSL (amateur) 0-1
Note: In parentheses are 2022 third-round records.
The Union allowed a stoppage-time equalizer in the first leg of the semifinals after it had led LAFC on a late penalty kick. Read the whole story
Thursday's draw will feature 24 MLS teams and eight USL Championship teams. Read the whole story
"There isn't a league that wouldn't like to have Lionel Messi in their league. There are a lot of dynamics that are going on there. He's got a lot of things to think about in terms of where he
wants to continue his career. I can tell you that we would love him in Major League Soccer. We will work very hard with Miami, who is the team that is hoping to be able to sign him, to come up with a
program for him that will allow him to establish a legacy that I think could be unprecedented globally, let alone unprecedented here in our country because I think of him as someone who crosses so
many barriers that he can be bigger than any athlete of any sport that has ever played here in the United States. We have been pretty effective at coming up with clever ways to sign players for our
clubs in the right market. It's very real-time and I hope that we're able to get in front of the discussion and hopefully bring something over the finish line."
-- MLS commissioner Don Garber, speaking at the annual meeting of the Associated Press Sports Editors, on the possibility of Messi's move to MLS's Inter Miami, after his contract with Paris St. Germain ends following the 2022-23 season. Messi has not given clear indications of his future plans. Stay at PSG? Rejoin Barcelona? Follow Cristiano Ronaldo to Saudi Arabia? Or move to MLS? (CBSSports.com)
The 23-year-old Brazilian will join Udinese in July for a transfer fee media reports have said total around $10 million, plus other considerations. Read the whole story
• Mauricio Cuevas, who captained the USA for much of its title-winning 2022 Concacaf Under-20 Championship campaign, has returned to the LA Galaxy. The club acquired the 20-year-old outside back from Belgium's Club Brugge and him signed to a three-year contract with two club option years. The Galaxy academy product signed his first pro contract with LA Galaxy II as a 16-year-old in 2019. Cuevas left the Galaxy as a free agent in 2022, and has been playing for Club NXT, Club Brugge's second team, in Belgium's second-tier league.
The MLS expansion team named Diego Gigliani its new president and general manager. Carolyn Kindle will continue as the CEO. Read the whole story
• The USA opened play at the Pinatar Super Cup in Spain with a 4-3 shootout win over England after their match ended 2-2.
• Cavan Sullivan, the 13-year-old brother of U.S. U-20 national team and Philadelphia Union forward Quinn Sullivan, scored both goals for the USA, which faces Spain on Friday and Japan on Sunday.
• The Union, LAFC and Real Salt Lake have three players each on the U.S. roster. Of the 20 players, all but three play in MLS programs. Others are Isaiah Kaakoush (Barca Academy), Dalziel Ozuna (San Antonio FC) and Marius Aiyenero (who moved this year to France's US Torcy from the Chicago Fire academy).
• U.S. starting XI: Kortkamp; Villa, Alvardo, Chavez, Hamouda; Guerra, Terry, Sullivan; Marquez, Saidi, Hall.
Deportes Temuco's Yerko Urra spectacularly scored a last-minute equalizer against his San Marcos de Arica counterpart. Read the whole story
The Manchester City stars destroyed Arsenal in a 4-1 victory that put the champions in control of the Premier League title race. Read the whole story
The Gunners' first Premier League title win since 2004 looks less likely after a 4-1 loss to second-place Man City. Read the whole story