1. Cade Cowell, San Jose (19), 701 minutes (2 assists)
2. Jalen Neal, LA Galaxy (19), 643 minutes (1 goal)
3. Chris Brady, Chicago (19), 630 minutes (1 shutout)
4. Caleb Wiley, Atlanta United (18), 626 minutes (3 goals, 2 assists)
5. Noel Buck, New England (18), 616 minutes (1 goal)
The USL's biggest growth has come during Edwards' tenure in the organization over the last decade. Read the whole story
New England vs. FC Cincinnati, Bruce Arena against Pat Noonan, his assistant at the LA Galaxy and on the USMNT. Read the whole story
The 32 remaining teams include 24 teams from MLS and eight from the USL Championship. Read the whole story
"Soccer is this incredible draw for all of us, I think to be together, to connect, to empower people, and to just enjoy this beautiful game. I feel like this is right out of 'Field of Dreams.' 'If
you build it, they will come.' And it's just been really special how people have come together."
-- Heather O'Reilly on US Women, a team of former USWNT players set to compete at The Soccer Tournament, a 7-on-7 competition June 1-4 at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, North Carolina. Mia Hamm, Carla Overbeck, Michelle Akers and Wendy Palladino will join O'Reilly in coaching US Women, the only all-women's entrant in the 32-team tournament with a $1 million prize (winner-take-all). Former USWNT players Cat Whitehill, Lori Chalupny and Lori Lindsay are initial selections on the team's roster. (ESPN
The owner of St. Paul's unique soccer bar helped launch the USL W League's Minnesota Aurora. Read the whole story
• MLS Next will add two new full programs next season with the addition of the Dallas Hornets and Houston Rangers. The Hornets were founded in 1985. Their academy director, Cody Worden, hails from Fort Worth and spent time at Surf Soccer Club (academy director/boys director of coaching) and the Real Salt Lake Academy (elite talent director). The Rangers started in 2022 with the help of former MLS player Josh Gardner, who will serve as the academy director. They are concentrated in the Katy and West Houston areas. Both programs will have teams in all six divisions (U13, U14, U15, U16, U17, and U19), increasing to 10 the number of MLS Next programs in Texas and 11 the number of new programs in MLS Next in 2023-24.
Yunus Musah's chances of avoiding LaLiga relegation with Valencia got a big boost with Los Che's 2-1 win over Real Valladolid. Read the whole story
1. *Barcelona vs. Wolfsburg (UEFA Champions League), 72,262
2. Barcelona vs. Roma (UEFA Champions League), 54,667
3. Arsenal vs. Chelsea (Women's Super League), 46,881
4. Roma vs. Barcelona (UEFA Champions League), 39,454
5. FC Cologne vs. Ein. Frankfurt (Frauen-Bundesliga), 38,365
*Barcelona advanced to final with 1-1 tie (2-1 on aggregate).
BVB coach Edin Terzic, born and raised in Dortmund, knows the nature of the derby and the strengths of the home team's "energetic fans." Read the whole story