1. Luciano Acosta, FC Cincinnati (13 goals + 11 assists) 24
1. Thiago Almada, Atlanta United (9 goals + 15 assists) 24
3. Hany Mukhtar, Nashville SC (14 goals + 8 assists) 22
3. Cristian Espinoza, San Jose (12 goals + 10 assists) 22
3. Daniel Gazdag, Philadelphia (12 goals + 10 assists) 22
Orlando City moved into second place while St. Louis City climbed to fourth ahead of its showdown with LAFC. Read the whole story
• Christian Pulisic and Yunus Musah both came off the bench for AC Milan in its disappointing 0-0 tie against Newcastle United at San Siro in the Champions League opener. Pulisic, who was replaced by Samuel Chukwueze in the starting lineup after starts in all four Serie A games, made his 49th Champions League while Musah, a summer signing from Valencia, made his European debut. Gazzetta dello Sport gave Musah and Pulisic respectable grades of 6.5 and 6 (out of 10), respectively. • Gio Reyna dressed for the first time this season but was an unused sub for Borussia Dortmund, which fell at Paris St. Germain, 2-0.
Ivan Provedel, last season's Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year, scored to earn Lazio a 1-1 tie with Atletico Madrid. Read the whole story
After shuffling current staff in the wake Bruce Arena's administrative leave and his resignation, the Revs have made a new hire. Read the whole story
The team brings women's pro back to Boston, which lost the Breakers after the 2017 NWSL season. Read the whole story
"The humidity is what gets you the most. And with heat as well, it's not the best - especially midday. Three o'clock kickoffs is something I think should be avoided because it's not safe. The
temperatures rise so high there and, from personal experience, it's not a safe place to be. Hopefully, they can take the times into account."
-- English international Rachel Daly, who spent seven seasons in the NWSL with the Houston Dash, on how heat and humidity could make it unsafe to play matches in the afternoon during the 2026 World Cup in the United States, Mexico and Canada. (The Athletic)
Men from Cal State Fullerton, Oregon State and Penn State and women from Missouri, St. John's and Utah State were honored. Read the whole story
The 20-year-old Englishman is off to a superb start to life at the record 14-time European champions. Read the whole story